Monday, June 21, 2010

Poison Oak...

Hi Followers!

I apologize for this post's tardiness. I have been dealing with an severe poison oak encounter. In fact, the rash is on my hands. It is quite difficult to even type. Here is the story so far:

Last weekend my parents visited me. We decided to spend the weekend in Sonoma. We did a little biking and wine tasting. It was an excellent weekend. I got a 40 mile ride in and my parents got to enjoy themselves at the wineries. Sonoma is a beautiful place. It reminded me of Tuscany which I visited at age ten. Sonoma brought back the memories of my brother and I running through the Italian vineyards at night trying to catch fireflies. While we were biking we took a quick break at a river. It took a little bush whacking to approach the river. I believe this is where I encountered the poison oak. The rash started as 2 small red bumps on my arm. They appeared on Wednesday. I didn't think much of them at first. On Friday the 2 bumps had become a giant red rash that is smeared all over my left arm. Today, I have a blisters on almost every part of my body. If you have the stomach for it, google poison oak rash. Yep, that is what it looks like! I spent Saturday volunteering my time to rebuild a fence. The hard labor only exasperated the problem. For the most part, I spent Sunday cleaning, washing clothes, and taking oatmeal baths (A known remedy.) . However, nothing seems to take the edge off the itch. I am seeing a doctor today. I am going to try and get a script for steroids to help clear it up.

Even with this disaster, work has been great. I will not talk about last week at the refinery too much. In summary, it was very exciting! Interesting and unexpected things are always happening. Furthermore, I have already managed to complete one of my projects and made a lot of headway on 2 others. I am already asking for more work.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! I want my skin back!

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about this big guy! you're too bad ass to be afflicted for long though.

    I'll be rollin' into Vegas and thinking of you in two days. Wave at Salt Lake when you roll into Sin City and I'll wave back at you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pix plz or it didn't happen :)

    miss you buddy!

    --chewie

    ReplyDelete