Saturday, June 26, 2010

Golfing...Poorly

It was Friday afternoon and I was trying to finish up some computer modeling when the HR director sat down in my office. "Adam, do you play golf?" I respond, "No." He responds, "Good, I will sign you up for the contract's tournament this weekend." And that is how the weekend started.

After work, I followed my boss home and he let me borrow a set of his clubs. I would be taking his spot in the tournament. He had decided to spend the weekend playing with his 6 month old son who, on a side note, is adorable. After picking up the clubs, I immediately drove to Big 5 and purchased a pair of golfing shoes. I then drove directly to the driving range where I burned through 100 balls. Not a single one flew straight. FYI: It is impossible to teach yourself to play golf in one night.

Today, I played a 18 hole scramble tournament. Our team actually came in 1 under par. We even got to use 2 of my drives as playable balls. I ended up having a lot of fun! I will not lie, it was embarrassing to lose 3 balls to the same pond, but hey....it was my first time playing golf! The tournament was followed by a tasty dinner and a raffle. I didn't win anything. :( The momment I left dinner, I drove straight to the local golf course and got the card of the local pro. I will give him a call Monday and set up golf lessons ASAP. Next time, I will be prepared!

I am still cooking and eating well. However, none of the pictures are coming out well. But do check out my version of an egg mcmuffin:

1 comment:

  1. duuuuuude, I want to go on adventures with you. and eat your McMuffins. we can probably do both in one day if we try.

    also -- you gonna update more often or what playa??

    ReplyDelete